APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Equipment Installer – VIC
HLS Healthcare Pty Ltd
Technicians (Trades & Services)
We need a young spirited, mature minded, and skilled installer.
Ready to be part of something more than just putting walls up and banging in nails? What about having a positive impact on humans daily. You will be assisting with providing solutions for people, all stakeholders, to have an improved way of living.
Are you desiring an opportunity for growth, leadership, management?
HLS Healthcare is a market leader in the rapidly expanding healthcare industry. We supplie a range of lifting, transfer and furniture products to assist people who have permanent or temporary disabilities. Our products are used in hospitals, nursing homes, aged care homes, schools, special accommodation and residential homes.
As part of a small team of installers, this role reports to the Installer Manager.
The positions are full time, Monday to Friday and includes above award conditions under the Fair Work requirements. Although based in Melbourne, from time-to-time the role will require travel to regional Victoria and interstate. These trips may involve 3 to 4 nights away from home at a time, andmay occur as often as every 5-6 weeks on average. You MUST be flexible to travel.
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work as part of the installation team to fit-off HLS equipment in accordance with the manufacturers’ instruction and customer requirements,
- Meet team at sites or warehouse in the morning prior to heading to site to conduct daily tasks on projects, sometimes going to multiple sites in one day
- Test and certify HLS equipment at customers’ sites as per standard
- Weight testing equipment after installation and recording in company app
- Packing and unpacking work van with tools and equipment where required
- Using electrical tools to assist with prepping equipment prior to installation on site
- Breaking down pallets in warehouse and site to assist with recycling procedures
- Assist with receiving deliveries where required to provide support
- Work in accordance with HLS and customers’ safety protocols and operating procedures,
- Confer and coordinate activities with other HLS departments including the warehouse and project administration.
- Overflow assisting with service technicians where and when required
Your skills, experience and prerequisites for the role include:
- Carpentry or building experience,
- Experience working on building sites would be considered favourably,
- Full non restricted Driver’s Licence (manual)
- Pass/obtain a Criminal Record Check, Personal background check, Work With Children Check and Pre-Employment Medical Health Check
- Forklift License an advantage
- Scissor Lift license and advantage
Your personal attributes shall include:
- Clean and presentable
- Fit an healthy – some tasks require ladder work, drilling, drop saw cutting etc
- Attention to detail with high level of pride in workmanship,
- Energetic and self-motivated,
- Problem solver when confronted with challenging site issues,
- Enjoy working in a team environment with the ability to work unsupervised from time-to-time,
- Sensitive to the needs of staff and patients in the healthcare environment,
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- A great communicator. Both written and speaking english must be strong
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS – to be obtained prior to, or recently commencing in the role
- MUST be triple Vaccinated due to mandatory requirements on varied sites
- Criminal Record Check
- Personal background check
- Work With Children Check
- Pre-Employment Medical Health Check
HLS Healthcare promotes a workplace environment that actively seeks to promote, welcomes and values inclusiveness and diversity of all people. HLS healthcare encourages young people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+, people with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply for this job.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
How many years’ experience do you have in the construction industry?
Are you available to travel for this role when required?
What’s your expected annual base salary?