The rails can be mounted on the ceiling, on walls or on supporting pillars – or any combination of these.
In rooms with suspended ceilings, it is a good idea to integrate the rails into the ceiling itself so that only the underside is visible. This applies to both single rails and room covering systems. A-rails are often the best choice for single rail systems, as the curves (30°, 45°, 60° and 90°), switch tracks and turntables are the same height as the rails themselves.
The unsupported span can be as much as 8 metres, depending on the combination of rail types specified and which weights the system must be capable of bearing. GH3 rails are designed to be easy to integrate into suspended ceilings. If the rails are mounted on the ceiling itself, they can be made to blend discreetly into the surroundings by the use of colour or decoration.
The ceiling hoists move near-silently along the rails using only a bare minimum of current. Transitions from one rail section to another are virtually unnoticeable, ensuring maximum comfort.
Ceiling Track Hoist Feature and Benefits
There are three types of rails – A, B and C. The three different versions have been optimised in relation to bearing capacity and reach, and they can all be installed quickly and easily. The rails can be installed on walls, ceilings and floor-mounted brackets – or using any combination of these. Depending on the rail profile chosen and the load for which the system has been configured, the system can feature unsupported spans of up to 8 metres. This means that installing the rails need not affect the layout of the room, and in most cases it will be possible to position furniture wherever you like.
The rails are available with special liners for charging the lifting module (GH3) automatically, regardless of where the module is placed in the rail system.
- Guldmann ceiling track hoist systems are designed to allow the lifting module to be moved silently and with a minimum of friction so that it can be repositioned with a minimum of effort.
- Quick and easy to install
- Option to have the rails charge the lifting module automatically
- Mix and match to produce a solution to suit any need
- The modular design of the rails makes it possible to alter and expand the rail systems as required.
- All ABC ceiling track hoists are made of anodised aluminium, which is extremely resistant to corrosion. The rails are therefore ideal for use in wet rooms and humid environments.
Read about the GH3 hoists, which go on this track.