HOW VENDLET WORKS:
- VENDLET is an electrical turning device.
- VENDLET consists of a slide sheet, a turning sheet, a hand control and two motorised bars which are mounted on each side of the bed. The bars can be raised and lowered.
- By pressing the hand control, the sheet is tightened around the bars, so the patient is moved or turned.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH VENDLET:
- Reposition the patient to lateral prone or supine position for hygiene, examination and positioning purposes and applying slings etc.
- Move the patient from side to side of the bed.
- Reposition the patient up in the bed.
- Mobilize the patient in and out of bed.
Work Environment Benefits:
VENDLET improves the work environment because:
- It reduces physical strain and heavy lifting of the patent for the caregiver.
- It offers great dignity and creates a feeling of well being for both the caregiver and the patient.
VENDLET increases patient comfort because:
- The patient experiences a consistent and steady turning procedure, which is comfortable because the sheet supports the body in full length.
- The caregiver can support the patient during the procedure and ensure a proper and comfortable position in bed.
- The patient does no feel like a burden on the caregiver.