This summary document is intended to assist service providers and assessors in understanding the changes made to the My Aged Care system on 29 October 2018. This release is focussed on delivering a number of high priority system enhancements to improve the usability of the My Aged Care system. The changes include:
- Enhancements to the support plan review functionality for assessors and service providers, including improved management and tracking for assessors, ability to issue a direct referral for assessment without completing a full support plan review (in defined scenarios), and the capture of additional information from service providers when submitting support plan review requests.
- Updates to the display of the Supplementary Assessment Tools (SATs) to align with the changes to the National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF) introduced on 2 July 2018.
- Implementation of an improved Assessment Work In Progress Report for assessors to enable better workload management of in progress assessments. Introduction of a visual indicator for referrals and assessments to facilitate timely responses and improve management of performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the assessor portal.
- The mandatory requirement for comprehensive assessors and delegates to include reasons and comments when making a recommendation for a high priority home care package.
- Ability for assessors to indicate where they undertake an assessment in a remote location as part of the assessment process to improve the capture of information about assessments conducted in remote areas.
- Enhancements to the way home care providers can upload pricing information in the provider portal, as it will be mandatory for home care providers to display pricing information from 30 November 2018.
- Changes to the screening process to improve the quality and consistency of information captured by the My Aged Care contact centre.
- The addition of Short-Term Restorative Care (STRC) as a recommended service type on the My Aged Care referral forms.
Note: If accessing this document electronically, clicking on the changes above will take you to the relevant section that provides further information on the change. All relevant guidance documentation (including user guides and quick reference guides) have been updated to support this system release and are available on the Department of Health website. A short summary is available at the end of this document outlining which guidance documents have been updated as part of this release.
To read the full report of Aged Care Summary Changes 29 October the link is provided below for your convenience:
To read more updates about healthcare:
Everything You Need to Know About NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
HLS Healthcare’s Installation of Elsi Smart Floor at Scalabrini Village Mentioned in Australian Ageing Agenda
Frequently Asked Questions on the ELSI Smart floor Answered by the Experts at HLS Healthcare