Hi, it’s Adrian here from HLS Healthcare.
Today I wanted to briefly talk about our VENDLET Turning and Repositioning Assistive Technology.
The VENDLET V5 was first produced in Denmark in 2013 with a purpose of automatically turning and re-positioning the bedridden patient.
Since then, the VENDLET Turning and Repositioning has become a very important assistive technology in Aged Care facilities, Hospitals and also in the Home/Independent Living setting. The VENDLET has been used in over 6,000 installations worldwide to assist healthcare professionals and carers.
The VENDLET allows the safe patient handling of a bedridden person with little or no effort from one caregiver.
The following tasks can be performed with the VENDLET:
- Turning the patient – into a supine, prone or side-lying position
- Moving the patient from one side of the bed to another
- Repositioning the patient up in the bed
- Mobilising the patient in/out of bed
- Applying a sling on the patient
The VENDLET Turning and Repositioning also reduces the risk of pressure wound injuries as it can be used to re-position the bedridden person as often as needed with efficiency.
The VENDLET has garnered significant interest in Australia over the past few years as more and more facilities learn of its benefits. We have found the VENDLET particularly useful with these types of scenarios:
- Bariatric care
- Palliative care
- Aged care
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Aged Care/Hospitals night shift when staffing is low but need for care is high
The VENDLET system attaches to an existing care bed, alternatively, HLS can provide a package which includes the bed as well.
Here is a video of the VENDLET in action.
As you can see, the benefits of using the VENDLET are as follows:
- Improvement in comfort and dignity for the bedridden person
- Improvement in the OHS within the facility
- Improvement in the use of resources within the facility
We’ve also noticed a trend where Spouse or Parent Carers have started to show signs of wear and tear from many years of nursing their loved ones. The VENDLET allows carers to continue to nurse for their loved ones in the home in a safe and independent manner.
HLS offers a pre-purchase trial system in which a VENDLET can be trialled before committing to a full purchase. We offer the trial system at no cost other than that of a new set of sheets.
Still not convinced, here are some independent case studies and feature articles that support the use of the VENDLET Assistive Technology:
- The Man Who Won’t Roll – Yooralla
- John & Mary – Oxfordshire Case Study
- Cost Benefit – West Berkshire
- French TV News – FR3 Picardie – after implementation of the VENDLET in a Regional French hospitals.
If you have any questions about patient positioning or our VENDLET assistive technology, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 931 893.
We look forward to speaking with you and to helping to provide Better Ways for Living, for those that you care for